top of page
Byrd Lease

Return to Main Byrd Page

December 28, 2018:  The pump gave up 5 to 8 gallons of sludge.  While this is great, it did choke out the well and it was not operating when our pumper arrived.  It is back online, but it will again take some time before we see fluids at the surface.  

December 27, 2018:  We are back in production.  9.01BO with 0.52 of water.  Excellent start!  

December 22, 2018:  The B2H is back pumping.  It will take several days for fluids to come to the service...but we are in business! 

December 21, 2018:  We are waiting for the arrival of heavy duty bolts.  It appears that was the issue that caused the breakdown.  When the motor was last repaired they did not use a heavy enough bolt and it simply gave out.  I am hopeful they will arrive via bus today.  All other work has been completed.

December 14, 2018:  While we don't have a price on the repair of the motor, it was certainly not as severe as we had thought.  The head was good ad the pushrod was not bent.  The crankshaft will need to be buffed out and the connecting rod will need to be replaced.  I am hopeful that we will be back up and running early next week.  

December 6, 2018:  Originally I had thought the repairs to the pumpjack motor would run about $1200., that was a bit too optimistic.  It will be closer to $4500, and if there is damage to the crank-shart that could add another $4000 to the total.  I will keep you updated and information becomes available...of course, it is raining again and that will hamper our ability to get in and out of the lease. 

December 4, 2018:  The well is down.  We have an issue with the motor on the pumpjack and will need to make a few repairs.  Parts are being ordered and we plan to have the well back in operation just as quickly as possible.

December 3, 2018:  The B2H is consistently producing 6.68BOPD with zero water.  


November 30, 2018:  I regret to share that we do not have a load to sell for November.  Water remains suspended in the last 2.5 feet in the tank and without that product, there is not a full load.  This is crude that was produced before the heater treater was put into service.  


November 29, 2018:  6.68 BO with no water


November 26, 2018:  5.84Bo with 0.75 water



November 25, 2018:  8.35Bo with zero water


November 23, 2018:  1 BO with 5.5 water.  It made a little mud today.


November 22, 2018:  Happy Thanksgiving!  We again had 7.9 BO with no water.


November 21, 2018:  We're up to 7.9BOPD with no water, and I expect we should now see a slow but steady increase.  We will sell a load this month.


November 20, 2018:  Another 6.68 day.  The dehydrator is now functioning which may give us a little kick in production.  This will also eliminate any future need to chemically treat our production before we send it to market. 


November 19, 2018:  Another 6.68 day


November 18, 2018:  The B2H has continued to produce 6.68 BOPD


November 17, 2018:  The B2H has averaged 6.68BO each day for Friday and Saturday with 0 (zero) water.


November 15, 2018:  The well produced 5.01 BO.  The tubing regulator was trashed and reduced the psi to 30 where we usually run 95-105psi.  Trash was cleared and psi improved.  


November 14, 2018:  10.02 BO and 0.83 water


November 13, 2018:  3.34BO with 5.01 water.  The throttle body of the carburetors and hee installed and according to our pumper...." she's running like a Cadillac.  We have also moved off propane to run the pumpjack to natural gas.


November 12, 2018:  10 BO with 1.67 water 


November 11, 2018:  The well produced 6.68 BO and 0.75 water.  The unit was down, but that was due to the rain and the air filter was saturated.  Our temporary solution was to place a bucket over the carburetor which will keep it dry until carburetor body is replaced.  We are moving the solids downhole and as the volume of solids declines, we will increase the pump rate.  We can move more solids going slowly than running it faster and it being overwhelmed.  The key is to keep it running at a constant pace.  It is being monitored carefully and we should slowly see an increase in daily output.  


November 9, 2018:  The unit was down again.  A mechanic was consulted and he suggested we check for a groove cut in the carburetor body.  Our pumper confirmed that in fact there was a cut.  The fuel gas pressure was adjusted and he locked the throttle in place to hold an average of 500 RPM, as advised.  It should run until we can get another carburetor body.  Our pumper monitored the unit for 90 minutes and it never missed.  


November 8, 2018:  The well was down again when the pumper arrived.  There were a couple of rocks in the fuel line below the Joe Regulator.  the problem was resolved and the pump was again running It did produce 3 BO and 3 bbl water.  Unfortunately...rain is returning to South Texas.  


November 7, 2018:  10.06 BO - 1.67 water...has been running the past 24-hours without interruption. Smile


November 6, 2018: The unit was again down when he pumper arrived.  He removed 3 links from the fan belt and restarted it.  He watched it for an hour and there were no additional issues.  It made 1bbl oil and 2 bbl water. 


November 5, 2018:  It only produced 1 BO and 1 bbl water.  the motor had slipped a throttle link and shut down.  It was immediately repaired and restarted.  


November 4, 2018:  We were finally able to move a vacuum truck on Friday morning.  It appears there was trash in the balls and seats.  Bringing in the vacuum truck cleaned it out and we were finally able to begin pumping.  By Saturday afternoon the B2H and produce 25.05 bbl water and 3.34 BO.  On Sunday we had 10 BO with 18 bbl water.  


DO NOT BE DISCOURAGE we aren't producing 50+ BO...we are running the pump really slow.  We will do this for a couple of weeks as we don't want to rush the solids.  The oil/water ration is improving.  In 24-hours we made 3X more oil than the day before.  This is a great improvement.  We are monitoring it carefully and will post updates.  This is all very encouraging and I do believe we are on the right path.  


October 13, 2018:  Fluids are not expected to reach the surface until late tonight (Saturday) or early Sunday. The weather remains a key concern.  Keeping the ignition system working through heavy rain is going to be an issue as it will tend to short out.  If you check the weather forecasts you will see that rain has been forecast for the majority of the remainder of the month.  


October 12, 2018:  Last yesterday the installation of the pumpjack on the B2H was completed.  While it is running it will take it some time before we begin to see fluids at the surface due to the length of the lateral.  Once we begin to received production reports will be posted here.  


June 1, 2018:  B2H  The well is producing, but it has not established a consistent flow.  It is continuing to clean up, which is a good thing.  There is a column of oil at 1900' that we will reach as the well goes through this cleanup process. 


May 29, 2018B2H The new compressor was delivered and installed.  We were unable to kick it off which resulted in our bringing back the swabbing crew on Monday.  It kicked off after one pull and began producing oil.  It is now a balancing act of determining the correct volume of gas to make the cycle and bring up the production and but not so much gas it overwhelms the compressor.  


May 16, 2018:  B2H  We have worked hand-in-hand with Great Texas Compressors, and it is apparent the compressor they sent to the Byrd cannot provide the compression we need for the B2H.  It will be pulled and we will install a larger unit.  We are moving as quickly as we can, but currently, do not have a firm installation date.  As soon as Great Texas Compressors confirms the delivery date I will share it.  


May 13, 2018:  B2H   Scott has been on location all weekend working with the compressor company to resolve the pressure issue.  As of this evening, it has not been resolved and the president of the company is coming out tomorrow to review the situation.  I anticipate we will be replacing the compressor with a different unit.  Despite the compressor issues we have had production and the oil cut is increasing.  It may be Tuesday or Wednesday before we have everything operating as it should.   


May 11, 2018:  The B2H ran all night long.  It will take it some time to clean out and there is no way to predict how long that may take.  There may be no news until next week, but should something happen it will be posted here.


May 10, 2018:  5:30 PM B2H  It is beginning to look like we are about there.  The well has run all day today and is cleaning up.  I know everyone is going to want to know how much it will make, and that is something we will not know for some time.  We need to let it run and clean I know more I will certainly share it.


May 10, 2018:  4:20 PM B2H The well is continuing to produce.  The reason the compressor swamps out is due to an increase in gas production.  We expect it to continue to do this as it continues to clean out.


May 10, 2018:  11:30AM B2H  The compressor did swamp out overnight.   We were again able to restart the gas lift without the need for swabbing.  Flow line pressure is again building.  We are carefully monitoring the well and this cycle may very well repeat for several days.  It is just a matter of time that we will have the system balanced.   We suspect the flow line reached our goal of 250# overnight and swamped the compressor. .


May 9, 2018:  B2H We installed the new gauge that will regulate the flow of our own natural gas from the well to the compressor. (photo to left)  We were pleased when we were able to kick-off the well without swabbing.  While I was on location it had built up a flow line pressure of 205# (we were looking for about 250#).  It was producing fluids at a rate of about a barrel an hour.  With a leg 2 miles long it takes about an hour for the gas to make the fully circulate.


April 6, 2018B2H For the past several weeks, we have been swabbing the Byrd B2H in an attempt to bring it online.  While we have made great progress, in reviewing our activities, we decided it may not be the most efficient process. 


There is a blockage and we have fluids about 1000’ above the bottom mandrel (6630’).  We are in conversation with Williams Pipeline, Sanchez Energy, and Exco Resources to execute a Buy/Sell agreement.  We would initially purchase natural gas from them to compress and send downhole to blow out the blockage and send it deeper into the formation.  This is preferred to the swabbing process that would lift the blockage to the surface.  This process will kick-start the flow of fluids and eventually the well will make enough natural gas to support our own need plus a surplus that will go to market.  


Exco Resources appears to be our best option to date, but we will continue to work with all three until we have an acceptable resolution. 


What I can tell you is based on the amount of fluid we are pulling from each swab run we can calculate a minimum of 10BO per hour or 240BOPD. 


We anticipate we will be back on location late next week and we will provide an updated report as our negotiation with the three firms continue. 

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.

bottom of page